Being a teacher, you can easily create an assignment in the google classroom, which includes attached materials such as files, links, video, etc.. Once you post an assignment, then all your students receive email notification of assignment in seconds. Then they can quickly complete the task and turn it back in. One of the best features is that once students complete or turn in the assignment, then they lose edit access for that assignment.
That means students can’t make any change in the writing assignment if once they successfully submit it. So you can grade the assignment according to the performance. Still, most of the teachers seem confused about how to create assignments in google classrooms if they are doing so for the first time.
If you are also facing such a problem, then you came to the right place. Here we are providing you with the best ultimate guidance on how to create an assignment in google classroom.
Generally, google classroom is one of the best free web services developed by Google for schools. The google classroom aims to simplify organizing, creating, distributing, checking and grading the assignments. The main objective of google classroom is to streamline the overall process of sharing files, documents, etc., between the students and teachers. There are millions of teachers and students are using google classroom at present.
Actually, google classroom is integrated with the different docs, slides, sheets, calendars, Gmail, etc. into a cohesive platform to manage the teacher’s and students’ communication. In google, classroom students can quickly be invited to join the google class through a private or personal code. All the registered teachers can easily create, distribute, check, and grade the assignment all within the Google ecosystem.
In the google classroom, every class creates a different folder in the respective user’s google drive, where students can easily submit work to be graded by their teachers. Even assignments and the due dates of the assignment will also add to google calendar.
The best step-by-step guidance on how to create assignment in google classroom -:
As we already discussed that most of the teachers seem confused when it comes to creating an assignment on google classroom. So here we are providing you the best ultimate guidance on how to create assignment in google classroom-:
Create an assignment
- First of all, you have to Sing-in on google classroom.
- Then click to the Class.
- Here at the very bottom, hover over Add and after then click to the “Create assignment” option.
- Here Enter the title of the assignment and any instructions(if needed).
Change an assignment due date or time
In case by default, if the assignment is due the next day. Then to change it-:
- Next due tomorrow, you have to click the down arrow.
- Then click on the date option and select a date.
- If you want to set a due time, then click time and type a time( it is optional).
Add materials to an assignment.
If it is required, then you can also add an attachment along with the assignment such as Google drive files, links, youtube video etc..-:
- The upload a file, you have to click to the Attach option, then select the file, and then just click Upload.
- To attach a drive item such as any type of document or form. You have to click on the ”Drive” option and then just select the item and Click to the ”Add” option.
- Here to decide that how can student interact with the attachments, you have to click next to the attachment, click to the “Down Arrow” and choose an option out of three-:
- Students can view file-: If you want that your students can read the attached file only, but can’t make any change in it. Then you should choose this option.
Students can edit the file-:
If you want to allow all students to make changes to the same file, then you should choose this option. It will enable your students to read the file as well as to make any changes in the file.
Make a copy for each student-:
If you want to provide each student with a separate copy of the assignment, then you should choose this option. Here students can easily read, make changes, and turn in the assignment separately.
- If you want to attach a youtube video then you have to click on YouTube and then choose an option out of two-:
To search for a video to attach-:
If you choose this option, then you just need to click the video search option, then type keywords in the search bar, and click that video you want to attach and then just click to the “Add” option.
Attach a video link-:
If you choose this option, then you just need to click on that URL option and enter the URL and just click on the “Add” option. In case you want to delete an attachment, you have to click the “Remove” option that is the next option to the attachment.
Post an assignment to multiple classes
- If you want to post a particular assignment to multiple classes, then you just have to click at the bottom of the “Down Arrow” that is the next option to the Class name.
- Now check to the box next, and here you can select the various classes to those you want to include.
We have mentioned all the detailed information about google classroom that you should know. We have also mentioned the best step-by-step guidance on how to create an assignment in google classrooms. Thus, we hope that our blog will become very helpful for you and will clear all your doubts regarding it.
Still, if you have any confusion relating to it, then don’t feel any hesitation in contacting us anytime at the Australian assignment. We have a team of experts who are all well qualified, and all have years of experience working in the writing field.
All our experts are 24*7 hours available for providing you the best solution to all your academic problems. We are offering our services all over the world, including Australia. We are also providing our services to those students who are looking for ‘’Assignment service Australia’’ and ‘’Best assignment writing service Australia’’